Below is a step-by-step guide to sending lumens from your Stellar wallet or Account Viewer to Kraken:
Sending lumens to Kraken
- Login to Kraken.com
- Click "Funding" and make sure "Deposit" button is selected
- Click "lumens (XLM)" button on left-hand side
- Click "Generate new address"
- This will provide you with public key (starting with "G") and a memo ID
- Open and login to your Stellar wallet or the account viewer
- Go to area of wallet to "send lumens" (location of "send" will vary depending on wallet)
- Copy the Stellar address given to you by Kraken and input into the "To" field of your wallet
- Copy the Memo ID given to you by Kraken and input into the memo field (sometimes this is hidden depending on the wallet)
- Make sure you enter the Memo ID or your lumens will not arrive!
- Click send
Withdraw lumens from Kraken:
If you are withdrawing to a lumens wallet from Kraken (not an exchange)
- Click "withdraw"
- Click "add address"
- Enter description and public key of address you are sending to (starting with a "G")
- You can leave memo field blank
- Once you save the address you will have to confirm the address via an email you will receive from Kraken
- Once you've confirmed the address, click "withdraw" and select "lumens (XLM)
- Select the address you want to send to and take notice of the minimum/maximum you can withdraw
- Confirm withdrawal!
- Before sending any large quantity of lumens, perform a test. This is a good safety measure and worth the 0.00001 transaction fee
- If you do not include the Memo (Memo ID) your lumens will not arrive in your account. Should you forget to do this, please contact Kraken although this might result in loss of funds
- If your deposit would leave less than 20 XLM in your account, you will receive an error message. Please account for the 0.0001 transaction fee (eg if you have 100 and try to send 80 that would leave you with 19.9999.)